Race Information & Regulations
FLEUR-DE-LYS – INDIVIDUAL TIME TRIAL – 26 TH MARCH 2023
Race Information and Regulations
1. The Birkirkara St. Joseph Individual Time Trial 2023 shall be organized by Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club under the auspices and competition rules of the Malta Cycling Federation.
2. The event shall be held on Sunday 26 th March 2023 starting at 7:30am, along Triq l-Imdina (Notabile Road), Fleur-de-Lys, Birkirkara. The race starts and finishes opposite Farsons Direct on the same road.
3. Participants are to ensure that they are covered by a third party insurance policy. A race number issued by the Club, has to be worn by each participants. Race numbers will be distributed before the start of the race.
4. The U12 category shall race in a mass start of ONE lap (approximately 2.5km). At the end of the U12 event, all other cyclists shall be called to the start at one minute intervals in the following order of categories – U14 Girls, U14 Boys, Ladies, Masters 60+, Masters 50+, Masters 40+, Juniors and Elite.
5. Cyclists in the U15 category shall complete FOUR laps (≈10 km). Cyclists in the Ladies, Masters, Juniors and Elite categories shall complete EIGHT laps (≈20 km).
6. The starting order for this event shall be randomly drawn up by the Club’s time-keeping contractors on Friday, 24 th March 2023. The Starting List shall be published on the website and Facebook page of Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club at the earliest possible after the draws have been made. As soon as published no further changes to this Starting List will be possible. Those cyclists who miss their start will be disqualified.
7. Conventional CE approved cycling helmets must be worn by the participating cyclists both during warm-up and during the race. Cyclists are to refrain from cycling on the race route before and after their participation. Cyclists not adhering to these regulations shall be given a time penalty or disqualified.
8. This race is a non-drafting event. Cyclists riding within seven metres behind other cyclists will be considered as drafting unless they are clearly overtaking. Cyclists riding on the right-hand-side of other cyclists without overtaking will be considered as drafting as well. Drafting carries a oneminute penalty which is irrevocable. A drafting official will be present on the race route who will. be reporting any infringements to the organisers. This official’s decision shall be final and unappealable.
9. Participating cyclists are to adhere strictly to the local driving regulations, unless otherwise marked or instructed by the race organisers. Although the race route shall be closed for vehicular traffic except for emergency services, participants are to keep constant attention for any vehicles that may enter the race route. Participants are to ride with caution at all times and take the necessary precautions to ensure their own safety during this race. Team vehicles shall not be allowed to circulate on the race route.
10. Race marshals shall not be responsible for keeping laps and in no way can they assist the cyclists during the races.
11. At the end of the race, all participants in the U12 category will be presented with a token, whilst trophies will be presented to the first three places in both the male and female Elite categories and a trophy to the winners of the respective categories, both males and females.
12. Official results and complete classification shall be published on the website and Facebook page of Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club.
13. Race participation fees for U12 and U15 cyclists is €10. For the other categories, the fee is €20.
Payments are to be made by the respective club delegates prior to the start of the race. Cheques should be made payable to Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club.
14. Upon confirming their participation, cyclists will be agreeing to the disclaimer entitled “Events Registration, Release and Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement” issued by Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club as shown on the Club’s website www.bkarastjoseph.com It is the sole responsibility of MCF Club Delegates to bring these regulations to the attention of their respective cyclists.
15. Clubs are to submit their respective entry lists in the order Race Number, Name of Cyclist and Category by not later than Thursday, 23 rd March 2023 to Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club by email on [email protected]
16. The race organisers are the sole interpreters of these regulations. All decisions taken by the organisers or by any official acting on their behalf shall be final.