The BSJ Fleur-de-Lys Duathlon 2023 will be organized by Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club under the auspices and regulations of the Malta Triathlon Federation (M.T.F.).
- The Duathlon will be held on Sunday, 12th March 2023 starting at 7:30 a.m. along Triq l-Imdina (Notabile Road), Fleur-de-Lys, Birkirkara. The race transition area will be opposite Farsons Direct on the same road.
- Race registrations should be entered by not later than 30 minutes before the start of the race or on line through the Club’s website bsj.mt
- The Duathlon distances will be an 8K run (3 loops), a 30K bike (12 loops) and a 5K run (2 loops).
- Relay teams will be allowed to participate under the following conditions.
- Relay teams members will not be allowed to draft with participants in the individual races;
- Relay teams may consist of two or three participants each;
- The race entry fee for relay teams will be €10.00 per team member;
- There will be no presentation for the Relay Teams Race.
- The Duathlon is draft legal. However female participants cannot draft with their male counterparts and vice-versa. Participants in relay teams cannot draft with participants in the individual races. Lapped participants will be allowed to continue, however they will not be allowed to draft with un-lapped participants.
- A hydration station will be place adjacent to the transition area. Bins will be placed by the organisers near this station, for participants to dispose of the plastic bottles. Participants discarding plastic bottles along the route will be penalized.
- Participants are to ensure that they will be in possession of a timing chip before the start of the race. Timing chips may be hired up to 30 minutes before the start of the race by the organisers’ time-keeping contractors.
- The BSJ Fleur-de-Lys Duathlon 2023 forms part of the Malta Triathlon Federation annual programme. It is the national duathlon championships of the said Federation and valid for the Male and Female Triathlete of the Year Award.
- Trophies and / or prizes will be awarded to the first three Male and three Female triathletes in the open category and to the first placed in the other categories as shown in the Entry Form.
- The Race Entry Fee is €30.00.
- A presentation ceremony for the top three males and the top three females will be held immediately the race finishes. Qualified participants who will not be present for the presentation ceremony will forfeit their prize/trophy.
- Participants are to ensure that they have a valid Malta Triathlon Federation registration/license.
- Race entry applications and payments may be made through the Club website www.bsj.mt Updated information on all Club events is available on the Club’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BirkirkaraStJoseph
- The organizers will do their utmost to have as many marshalls as possible on the race route which may not be completely closed for vehicular traffic. However, these Marshalls will not be responsible for keeping laps and in no way can they assist the participants during the races. Participants are to take all the necessary precautions to ensure their own safety during the events.
- A gazebo will be provided next to the race transition area were participants are to deposit their belongings not needed during the race.
- The organizers are the sole interpreters of these Regulations. All decisions taken by the organisers or by any official acting on their behalf shall be final.
|OPEN (24 yrs-39 yrs by 31/12/2023)||UNDER 23 (23 or under by 31/12/2023)|
|SENIORS OVER 40 (40 and over by 31/12/2023)||SENIORS OVER 50 (50 and over by 31/12/2023)|
|SENIORS OVER 60 (60 and over by 31/12/2023)|