Triathlon Series Regulations
- The GO&FUN BSJ Triathlon Series 2023 will be organized by Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club under the auspices and regulations of the Malta Triathlon Federation (M.T.F.).
- The Series will consist of four races two of them on the sprint distances of 750 m swim, 20 K bike and a 5 K run, and the other two on the Olympic (Standard) distance of 1,500 m swim, 40K bike and a 10K run. The dates and times of the races will be Sprint Triathlon on Sunday, 2nd April 2023 at 7:30 a.m., Olympic Triathlon on Sunday 14th May 2023 at 7:30 a.m., Sprint Triathlon on Sunday, 11th June 2023 at 7:30 a.m., and an Olympic Triathlon on Sunday, 16th July 2023 at 7:30 a.m. Race registrations should be entered by not later than 30 minutes before the start of the race or on line through the Club’s website bsj.mt
- The GO&FUN BSJ Triathlon Series 2023 forms part of the Malta Triathlon Federation annual programme valid for the Male and Female Triathlete of the Year Award.
- The overall winners of the Series in the Male and Female categories will be those triathletes with the best accumulated time in all four races respectively.
- Trophies and / or prizes will be awarded to the first three Male and three Female triathletes in the open category and to the first placed in the other categories as shown in the Series Entry Form.
- A commemorative race medal will be presented to all participants after each race.
- The Entry Fee for each race is €45. Block Entry Fee for the whole Series is €160. Block Entry Fee for Members of Birkirkara St Joseph Sports Club is €140, upon presentation of the Club 2023 membership card.
- A presentation ceremony for the top three males and the top three females will be held immediately the race finishes. Qualified triathletes who will not be present for the presentation ceremony will forfeit their prize/trophy.
- Triathletes are to ensure that they have a valid Malta Triathlon Federation registration/license.
- Race entry applications and payments may be made through the Club website bsj.mt Updated information on all Club events is available on the Club’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BirkirkaraStJoseph
- The organizers will do their utmost to have as many marshalls as possible both on land and in the sea. However, these Marshalls will not be responsible for keeping laps and in no way can they assist the triathletes during the races. The race routes may not be completely closed for traffic. Participants are to take all the necessary precautions to ensure their own safety during the events.
- A gazebo will be provided next to the race transition area were participants are to deposit their belongings not needed during the race.
- The organizers are the sole interpreters of these Regulations. All decisions taken by the organisers or by any official acting on their behalf shall be final.
|OPEN (24 yrs-39 yrs by 31/12/2023)||UNDER 23 (23 or under by 31/12/2023)|
|SENIORS OVER 40 (40 and over by 31/12/2023)||SENIORS OVER 50 (50 and over by 31/12/2023)|
|SENIORS OVER 60 (60 and over by 31/12/2023)|