Triathlon Series Regulations
- The GO&FUN BSJ Triathlon Series 2024 will be organized by Birkirkara St. Joseph Sports Club under the auspices and regulations of the Malta Triathlon Federation (M.T.F.).
- Two Series consisting of four races each will be organized as follows: four sprint distances of 750 m swim, 20 K bike and a 5 K run, and four on the Olympic (Standard) distance of 1,500 m swim, 40K bike and a 10K run. On the dates shown below, and Olympic and a Sprint triathlon will be held at the same time. The dates and times of the races will be Sunday, 17th March 2024 at 7:30 a.m., Sunday 7th April 2024 at 7:30 a.m., Sunday, 19th May 2024 at 7:30 a.m., and Sunday, 9th June 2024 at 7:30 a.m. Race registrations should be entered by not later than 30 minutes before the start of the race or on line through the Club’s website bsj.mt
- The GO&FUN BSJ Triathlon Series 2024 forms part of the Malta Triathlon Federation annual programme valid for the Male and Female Triathlete of the Year Award.
- The overall winners of the respective Series in the Male and Female categories will be those triathletes with the best accumulated time in all four races respectively (four Olympic and four Sprints).
- Trophies and / or prizes will be awarded to the first three Male and three Female triathletes in the open category and to the first placed in the other categories as shown in the Series Entry Form.
- A commemorative race medal will be presented to all participants in the both overall classifications.
- The Entry Fee for each race is €45. Block Entry Fee for the whole Series is €160. Block Entry Fee for Members of Birkirkara St Joseph Sports Club is €140.
- A presentation ceremony for the top three males and the top three females will be held immediately the race finishes. Qualified triathletes who will not be present for the presentation ceremony will forfeit their prize/trophy.
- Triathletes are to ensure that they have a valid Malta Triathlon Federation registration/license.
- Race entry applications and payments may be made through the Club website bsj.mt Updated information on all Club events is available on the Club’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BirkirkaraStJoseph
- The organizers will do their utmost to have as many marshalls as possible both on land and in the sea. However, these Marshalls will not be responsible for keeping laps and in no way can they assist the triathletes during the races. The race routes may not be completely closed for traffic. Participants are to take all the necessary precautions to ensure their own safety during the events.
- A gazebo will be provided next to the race transition area were participants are to deposit their belongings not needed during the race.
- The organizers are the sole interpreters of these Regulations. All decisions taken by the organisers or by any official acting on their behalf shall be final.
|OPEN (24 yrs-39 yrs by 31/12/2024)
|UNDER 23 (23 or under by 31/12/2024)
|SENIORS OVER 40 (40 and over by 31/12/2024)
|SENIORS OVER 50 (50 and over by 31/12/2024)
|SENIORS OVER 60 (60 and over by 31/12/20243)